I think that this homemade Sore Muscle Soak is a wonderful gift to give someone you know! Maybe it’s a good addition to your own spa basket?
In the fall, I usually have sore muscles. I think it’s because we’re out hiking more and working outside more. 🙂 Because of this, I find it really nice to have a warm bath with some of my homemade sore muscle soak! This is a delicious-smelling soak because it contains fresh mint and lavender. Here’s how you can easily make up your own batch of homemade sore muscle soak:
Homemade Sore-Muscle Soak
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1 cup baking soda
- ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped OR 7-10 drops of Peppermint oil
- ¼ cup of fresh lavender, chopped OR 7-10 drops of Lavender oil
- Mix baking soda and Epsom salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add your herbs to the mixture, chopped finely. You can also add the oils at this point. For the mixture you see here, I used fresh mint and used lavender oil in place of the fresh lavender.
- Continue mixing. Some clumping may occur due to the oils and herbs releasing moisture. It isn’t a big problem. Use your spoon to break up the clumps.
- Keep the mixture in an airtight container.